After sorting a lot of footage (almost 15 minutes worth) I was able to narrow the edited video to just under 30 seconds. This process of what to cut out of the footage actually wasn’t a hard decision because a large percentage of the footage was shaky, this is because the girl filming majority of the footage didn’t listen or didn’t have much skill in filming as she free held it most of the time instead of using a tripod or stabiliser of some sort. That was a challenge I faced while editing was to choose good shots that we stabilised correctly.
I found premier pro difficult to work with at first, but after watching some online tutorials I found it easy to use and will definitely continue to work with it.
Below is my first edit of the filming recorded the week earlier. I like the bright, happy feel to it. All audio has been deleted for the first edit. Please watch in 1080.
Some screen shots of my process: